Graphiti is an interactive tactile graphics display based on the revolutionary Tactuator technology. It represents a breakthrough in non-visual access to any form of graphical information such as charts, drawings, flowcharts, floorplans and images, through an array of moving pins. The technology provides the ability to set each pin to different heights, enabling the display of topographical maps and other graphical elements such as grey shades and colours.
Graphiti features a touch interface to enable the user to draw on the display – tracing a shape with a fingertip raises the pins along the path traced. The touch interface allows traditional forms of touch commands such as scrolling and multi-touch gestures such as pan and zoom.
Graphiti also includes a Perkins-style 8-key braille keypad for entering braille text, a cursor pad for navigation, a standard USB host port and a SD card slot for loading files for reading and editing in standalone mode.
- Independently refreshable pins in a 60×40 array
- Haptic (vibratory) feedback
- Connect to any computer or mobile device via USB or Bluetooth
- Connect to any device via HDMI
- Connect to smartboards enabling blind students to view in real-time
- Teachers can also view and interact with the Graphiti screen from their computer or tablet
- Multiple USB ports allow connection to hosts and peripherals
- Compact and convenient size 29.5 x 27 x 4.1 cm
- Operate from user-replaceable rechargeable battery or AC adaptor