BrailleSense Polaris MINI
The easiest, most powerful and most feature-packed notetaker available. Customised for the blind and compatible with the mainstream, BrailleSense Polaris MINI seamlessly combines accessibility and autonomy.
With text-to-speech, a 20-cell braille display and a 11-key Perkins-style keyboard with Ctrl and Alt keys, this device looks and feels like a traditional notetaker. Its competitive hardware and connectivity along with access to Android applications, ensure it stacks up solidly against current tablets.
BrailleSense Polaris MINI offers a new standard in blind-friendly applications. This notetaker supports Google Apps, making it easy to utilise Google services like Drive, Docs, Sheets and Slides as other students do every day.
- Use the Word Processor to create braille and text documents
- Read DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, PDF, and EPUB files in contracted braille
- Play and navigate DAISY books and stream audio content
- Send emails, synchronise contacts and appointments
- Accessible web browser
- Scientific calculator and UEB math support
- Braille access to your computer, phone or tablet
- Android OS, 2.1 GHz octa-core
- 3 GB RAM, 64 GB storage, 13 MP camera
- MicroSD card and USB host port
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, USB 3.0, micro HDMI
- Charge time 3.5 h, running time 11 h
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 10.3 x 2.3 cm
- Weight: 415 g