OpenBook converts printed documents or graphic-based text into an electronic text format on your PC, using high-quality speech and the latest optical character recognition (OCR) technology. OpenBook utilises both Nuance OmniPage and ABBYY FineReader OCR engines to bring you the most accurate text recognition available.
With the low vision features, you can tailor the appearance of the text on your screen (font style, size, character spacing and colours), view with split screen and compare your original document and OCR conversion results. Use masking and word spotlighting to help you follow text as it is read.
- Convert printed text to natural, human-like speech
- Powerful optical character recognition provides editable text
- Scan bound books and maintain pagination
- Enhanced ability to search for and download books and other materials from the internet
- Full support for listening to DAISY and other audio files
- Add comments and highlighting for increased productivity
- Export to other applications e.g. Microsoft Word
- Common key commands with JAWS and Fusion
- Expand the features of OpenBook with the PEARL to provide even faster OCR
- Single-user licences
- Multi-user licences
- Educational licences
- Network licences