Duxbury Braille Translator (DBT) produces contracted and uncontracted braille, mathematics and technical braille. The software supports grade 1 and grade 2 translation (if available) in all South African languages, as well as many other languages.
Formatting of braille pages involves issues beyond those affecting print. DBT provides translation and formatting facilities to automate the process of conversion from regular print to braille (and braille to print), and also provides word processing facilities for editing directly in the braille as well as the print. A special braille “font” is used for displaying the braille on the screen.
- Fully supports UEB (Unified English Braille)
- Supports grade 1 and grade 2 translation in all South African languages
- Produces contracted and uncontracted braille, mathematics and
- Accurate contracted braille
- Supports all commercial braille embossers
- Imports files from HTML, MS Word, OpenOffice and other formats
- Direct imports of math in MS Word documents with MathType installed
- Available in single-user licences or multi-user network licences